UGC Notice 2020: Online applications are invited from interested institutions (University/College) which wish to offer skill-based programs from the forthcoming academic year at the level of Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, B.Voc., P.G. Diploma, M.Voc. and Research Degree.
UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC) NEW DELHI
Call for online applications for running Skill-based Programs for the academic year 2020-2021.
Who should apply?
1. Institutions which wish to start fresh/new skill-based programs
2. Institutions seeking an extension of their ongoing/existing programs.
Who are eligible?
Only those institutions are eligible to apply which come under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956
The UGC Guidelines for providing Skill-based Education under National Skills Qualifications Framework have been revised and the same are available on the UGC website, www.ugc.ac.in. The programs to be approved for the academic session 2020 – 2021 shall be guided by these Guidelines.
Provisions for Financial Assistance
- Only those institutions will be eligible for financial assistance which come under Section 12 B of the UGC Act and are eligible to receive development grant from UGC.
- As per the revised UGC Guidelines, an eligible institution can receive one time start-up assistance only for starting fresh course(s). Start-up assistance will not be provided for an existing course(s).
- One time start-up assistance will be provided for developing the infrastructure, setting up of laboratories/workshops facilities, procurement of teaching and learning materials, machinery/ equipment, and renovation of buildings. This will not cover any new construction.
- UGC will provide financial assistance to the eligible institution for 1 contractual faculty/trainer/ guest teacher per course per batch basis.
- Institutions that receive an extension of their programs will also be eligible for financial assistance for faculty, as mentioned in the revised UGC Guidelines.
- UGC will not provide any assistance for the operational costs.
UGC Application Process
Institutions need to submit online application on the online portal. The link to the portal is https://nsqf.ugc.ac.in/
- The first stage of the application process is registration. The institution needs to
have a valid e-mail id for registration. Please note that this e-mail id is going to
be used for all future communication purposes.
- Only one online application for all the courses (i.e. both fresh and ongoing
courses) need to be submitted by the institution.
- The institutions should go through all the columns carefully before clicking the final “SUBMIT” button. Once the application is successfully submitted, no further addition / deletion of course and modification of other details will be allowed. PLEASE NOTE THAT AN INSTITUTION WILL SUBMIT ONLY ONE APPLICATION IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NUMBER OF COURSES APPLIED FOR.
- DEADLINE IS June 30, 2020. Institutions do not need to send any hard copy
of the application.